Saturday, December 27, 2008

Gone, but not forgotten..



We lost Willow, our Anatolian shepherd, one year ago today. It was unexpected and tragic, and I still miss her all the time. I wish I had more pictures of her, I wish we had taken more walks, I wish that I had worked more on her fear of being in the car.

I try to remember the good stuff, though. That dog could laugh, she invented games to play with you, she could run like the wind. She was a budding archaeologist, she would dig stuff up in her lot and put it on display. I have an old mule shoe that she found, and a old glass seal for a mason jar. She was a junkie for belly rubs. She once 'rescued' me from a black snake that I was trying to rescue from her, poor thing. She was a ferocious napper.



When we went to breeder to pick her up, we got to meet many of her family members, which was so wonderful. Her grandfather, mother and father, her brother and sister.

This was her brother, as a puppy.



Her sister Calypso's puppies were born Jan 07



I hope that wherever she is, there is a lot of fun to be had, and warm sunshine to snooze in.



Willow, 'Briar Patch Farms Montana' 12/11/04- 12/27/07

No comments: